Saturday 30 August 2014

The Fault In Our Stars: Book And Movie Review

The Fault In Our Stars: Book And Movie Review

Hey guys, Hanna here!

OK, this is my first review ever, so I am hoping that it won't totally and completely suck (and if it does, please don't judge).

So as I said many times before I don't have a lot of time to read books, but I made time for this one. It was the first book I've read in a while and I loved it!

While you read this review, please keep in mind that I read this book about three months ago, so I don't really remember all the details.

So let's just get to reviewing!
I would give this book 5 out of 5. It was amazing, it had so many emotions and it really made me open my eyes to the world a little more.

Just in case you don't know what the story is about, read this short summary:
Basically Hazel and Augustus both go to support group and Gus is instantly drawn to Hazel whereas Hazel just tries to be friends because she knows she's going to die and doesn't want to hurt anyone. Soon they become friends trading off a book Hazel adores called An Imperial Affliction. Since the book ends with an unknown ending Gus uses his one cancer wish to take them (and Hazel's mom since she can't go alone in her condition) to a trip to meet the author, who by the way lives Amsterdam. He ends up being really rude and his assistant feels bad for what he said and did to them and tries to make it up for them since they'll only be in the Netherlands for three days. They end up falling in love but then unfortunate disaster strikes and I won't say what happen but let me just tell you to keep tissues near by.

I could go an and on abut how much I love this book, but this is a movie review as well, so here is the movie part:

I would give this movie a 4 star rating, just because they left out a few of my favourite moments. They didn't name Hazel's cart, like John Green did in the book. They also didn't even mention that machine that helped her breath when she was sleeping. They left out the part when Hazel and Augustus drink champagne on the plane. Or the part where they actually sell that old lonely swing set.

And I don't know if you noticed this, but the movie ends with Hazel saying "OK", and the book ends with "I do, Augustus. I do". I really like the book ending better.

The movie was OK, but I kind of expected it to be a little bit better. I have to say that I didn't shed one single tear while reading the book or watching a movie (but than again I never cry over books and movies, so...).

I do recommend both book and the movie, but I do suggest that you read the book first.

And that's my review on The fault in our stars. I honestly don't know, if you are allowed to share your personal opinion in a review and I don't even care.

Hope you enjoyed reading it and that I didn't bore you to death.

xoxo
-Hanna


No comments:

Post a Comment